Get Legal Advice on Divorce
Divorce or Dissolution Of Marriage a process of separation ensuer’s when cohabiting married partners no longer desire to cohabit to the sacred bond and wish to part ways either mutually or by contest.
We can help, you seek legal advice from our legal practitioners of Indiabizfiling and make this entire process seamless.
Types of Divorce
- Contested Divorce
- Under this form of divorce, one party agrees for divorce and the opposition party disagree for the same.
- This form of divorce takes a long time for dissolution of marriage, where the decision is pending upon the honourable presiding judge.
- Mutual Divorce
- Under this form, both parties agree to part ways under mutual consent.
- The decisions are taken mutually by both the parties where they decide to exchange the items/goods which they have taken form one another during the time of marriage.
- Under this form both the parties settle everything between them according to their convenience.
Form of Marriage Act
Here in India dissolution of marriage for Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and Jains, Parsees, Christian’s and Muslim’s is governed by the following marriage Acts:-
- For Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhist’s and Jains is governed by Marriage Act, 1955.
- For Muslims by the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939.
- For Christians, it is governed by the Indian Divorce Act, 1869.
- For Parsees by the Parsee Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936.
- For Special Marriage Act, 1954.